PULSAR 200 LITRE COOKER/MIXER
Steam Jacketed Cooking Pot complete with Hand Wheel Tilting and Variable Speed Mixer.
The 200ltr single cooking unit consists of a stainless steel steam jacketed pot mounted between two stainless steel pedestals. Our twin cooking unit consists of 2 x 200 litre steam jacketed pots mounted between three pedestals. The pedestals are supported by short adjustable feet at each corner. A hinged and counter sprung mixer arm with a variable speed electric motor drives an anchor type mixer fitted with thermoplastic scrapers and an auxiliary mixer/agitator via a gearbox. The auxiliary mixer is offset from the centre and is counter-rotating. The torispherically shaped pots are constructed of grade 304 stainless steel.
On top of the pedestal, a chrome water supply valve is fitted as standard. The pedestal houses the electric control board with easy access to the electric components via a "front"door.
Our safety features on our electric models include a shunt trip mechanism, two auto reset pressure switches and a tamper proof safety valve (also fitted on direct steam unit).
The pot has been designed and constructed generally in accordance with PD5500 code: Specification for unfired fusion welded pressure vessels and conforms to the requirements of the “Pressure Equipment Regulations, No. R. 734 2009” of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Act No. 85 of 1993). The pot is categorized and classified in terms of Figure 1, Graph for vessels – Dangerous gasses of SANS 347:2010 as a Hazard Category I. A certificate of conformity will be supplied with the equipment from the manufacturer.
Our Capdan pots are all factory tested prior to leaving our premises.
Our Pulsar 200 litre is available in four standard models;
Model PLS200E - Pulsar 200 litre single - Self generating steam unit - electrically heated - 26kW, (40 Amps) per phase, 400V.
Model PLT200E - Pulsar 200 litre twin - Self generating steam unit - electrically heated - 50kW, (71 Amps) per phase, 400V.
Model PLS200S - Pulsar 200 litre single - Direct Steam operation - Boiler required - Average steam consumption of 40kg/h, 230V 1.1kW power required
Model PLT200S - Pulsar 200 litre twin - Direct Steam operation - Boiler required - Average steam consumption of 80kg/h, 230V 1.1kW power required
- A 200 litre Capdan can cook approximately 120kg's of cooked mealie pap per cooking cycle - estimated at 1.5 hours.
- Always confirm your canopy heights are suitable for working with the mixer arm. Clearance heigth of 2.3m required.
- Lids can be ordered as optional extras
- Capdans can be ordered with grade 316 s/s inners
- As Capdan pots are proudly manufactured in South Africa, should you require any additions to our standard model i.e. controllers / probes / homogenisers etc.. please contact us to discuss your unique requirements
- All safety devices to be serviced and calibrated at least twice a year
- All electrical cooking pots to be serviced at least four times a year (refill jacket, inspect scrapers, grease bearings, refill tilting water tank, functional boiling test, etc).