PHUTU POT 150 litre static pot
Steam Jacketed Cooking Pot of the Low Rim Series (no mixer, non tilting)
The steam jacketed boiling pot is constructed entirely out of grade 304 stainless steel and is hemispherically shaped. A hinged, domed lid is welded to the side (usually left) and is counter balanced and spring loaded for easy opening and closing by the operator. A rolled pipe is welded to the rim for strength and the unit is supported on four legs fitted with adjustable feet for leveling and bolting to the floor. A loose strainer plate that fits inside the outlet hole is included with each unit. The bottom of the pot is fitted with a 2” schedule 10 side outlet pipe with an 2” one piece full-port ball valve (ID 50mm). The valve is hand lever operated and a step is welded above the ball valve for protection.
On the front of the pedestal, a chrome water supply valve is fitted as standard. The pedestal houses the electric control board with easy access to the electric components via a side panel.
Our safety features on our electric models include a shunt trip mechanism, two pressure switches and a tamper proof safety valve (also fitted on direct steam unit). The Capdan 150 litre pot has been designed and constructed generally in accordance with PD5500 code: Specification for unfired fusion welded pressure vessels and conforms to the requirements of the “Pressure Equipment Regulations, No. R. 734 2009” of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Act No. 85 of 1993). The pot is categorized and classified in terms of Figure 1, Graph for vessels – Dangerous gasses of SANS 347:2010 as a Hazard Category I. A certificate of conformity will be supplied with the equipment from the manufacturer.
Our Capdan pots are all factory tested prior to leaving our premises.
Our Phutu 150 litre is available in two standard models;
Model Ph150E - Phutu Pap Pot 150 litre single - Self generating steam unit - electrically heated - 18kW (26 Amps) per Phase, 400V.
Model Ph150S - Phutu Pap Pot 150 litre single - Direct Steam operation - Boiler required - Average steam consumption of 30kg/h.
- A 150 litre Capdan can produce approximately 90kg's of cooked mealie pap per cooking cycle - estimated at 1 hour.
- A Phutu Pap Pot is not limited to cooking Phutu. They are extensively used for rice, pastas, sauces, stews, vegetable and more.
- Always confirm your canopy heights are suitable for the lid. Clearance height of 1.9m required.
- Capdans can be ordered with grade 316 s/s inners
- As Capdan pots are proudly manufactured in South Africa, should you require any additions to our standard model i.e. controllers / probes / larger outlets etc. please contact us to discuss your unique requirements.
- All safety devices to be serviced and calibrated at least twice a year
- All electrical cooking pots to be serviced at least four times a year (refill jacket, inspect scrapers, grease bearings, refill tilting water tank, functional boiling test, etc)