SOLARIS 250 LITRE TILTING KETTLE
Floor Model Steam Jacketed Cooking Pot complete with Aqua-Hydraulic Tilting (No Mixer)
The electric single cooking unit consists of a 250 litre steam jacketed pot mounted onto a stainless steel pedestal by means of a heavy duty trunnion. The twin cooking unit consists of 2 x 250 litre pots mounted on either side of the central pedestal. (Direct Steam pots have side pedestals). A spring loaded hinged lid is mounted to the top of the main pedestal. The hemispherical shaped jacket is manufactured from grade 304 stainless steel.
To the top of the main pedestal, a chrome water supply valve is fitted as standard. The pedestal houses the electric controls with easy access to the electric components via a "front" door.
Our safety features on electric pots include a shunt trip mechanism, two pressure switches and a tamper proof safety valve (also fitted to direct steam pots). The pot has been designed and constructed generally in accordance with PD5500 code: Specification for unfired fusion welded pressure vessels and conforms to the requirements of the “Pressure Equipment Regulations, No. R. 734 2009” of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Act No. 85 of 1993). The pot is categorized and classified in terms of Figure 1, Graph for vessels – Dangerous gasses of SANS 347:2010 as a Hazard Category I. A certificate of conformity will be supplied with the equipment from the manufacturer.
Capdan pots are all factory tested prior to leaving our premises.
Our Solaris 250 litre is available in four different models.
SS250E - Solaris 250 litre single - Self generating steam unit - electrically heated - 25kW (37 Amps) per Phase, 400V.
ST250E - Solaris 250 litre twin - Self generating steam unit - electrically heated - 49kW (72 Amps) per Phase, 400V.
SS250S - Solaris 250 litre single - Direct steam - boiler required - Average steam consumption of 55kg/h. Electrical: 400V, 1kW.
ST250S - Solaris 250 litre twin - Direct steam - boiler required - Average steam consumption of 110kg/h. Electrical:400V, 1kW
- Always confirm that your canopy height is suitable for the pot lid. Clearance height of 2.4m required.
- Pots can be ordered with a grade 316 stainless steel inner jacket.
- Capdan pots are proudly manufactured in South Africa - as such, should you require additions to our equipment i.e. controllers, probes etc. Please contact us to discuss your unique requirement.
- All safety devices to be serviced and calibrated at least twice a year
- All electrical cooking pots to be serviced at least four times a year (refill jacket, inspect scrapers, grease bearings, refill tilting water tank, functional boiling test, etc)